I was syncing my iPhone 4S with iTunes, it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to ios6, I went ahead and now I’m stuck with this, the USB symbol and the iTunes logo. I’ve done a hard reset. iTunes doesn’t even recognize it anymore.
Anyone of you techies have any tips for me?
Remember when I ceremoniously posted a photo of the Last Rites for my Flip Phone? Well, I think I’m going to bring it back to life!
Appreciate any of your tips…thanks!
With the help of some sleuthing by my Mac expert neighbor, this is what I did:
- make sure iTunes is open
- while holding down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons, I plugged the iPhone USB cable into the computer
- after 10 seconds I let go of the Sleep/Wake button but, kept holding the Home button for another 10-15 seconds
- when I was talking to the Apple Support person on the phone, we repeated the above steps 4 times and nothing happened. at the end of the call i was scheduled to receive a new replacement iPhone 4s
- then my genius neighbor called and he suggested also trying additional USB ports or even another computer, per his discussion with another Apple Support person
- i tried another USB port, following the above steps 2-4, and vwallah! iTunes recognized my iPhone!
- my iPhone was recognized in the recovery mode and I was asked to Restore it so I just pressed the Restore button
- FORTUNATELY, I had been doing backups so, when I was configuring my iPhone I was able to Restore from my iCloud backup