I’ve posted several photos of the Freedom Tower from our summer visit to Manhattan but, thought I’d post another one in remembrance of 9/11. Here’s a night scene at Washington Square, full of locals, tourists and talented troubadours, feeling safe and secure with the illuminated Freedom Tower growing beautiful, strong and tall in the background. New York City is such a vibrant, incredible city and it’s inspiring to see its amazing recovery after 9/11.
The Freedom Tower reminds us of what was lost, but, also lifts our spirits by symbolizing the resiliency and spirit of New York City and our country.
Check out my other posts featuring the Freedom Tower:
* Remembering the World Trade Centers from Governor’s Island and the Freedom Tower
* The Freedom Tower from Castle Williams – Governor’s Island
* Biking on Governor’s Island…and the Brooklyn Bridge
* Day 4 – New York City (American Museum of Natural History, Babbo, Washington Square
* Day 2 – New York (Governors Island)